What is the IIMEC
The International Institute for Multifunctional Materials for Energy Conversion (IIMEC) is an NSF-funded International Material Institute, recently established at Texas A&M University, in partnership with Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Houston and international research collaborators at universities in North Africa, the Middle East, and Mediterranean countries.
What is our Mission as a research group?
The mission of IIMEC is to establish a communications, knowledge-base and computational/laboratory grid that will:
- Advance research in multifunctional materials for efficient energy conversion
- Provide students and faculty from the US and participating countries with global research and international leadership experience
- Contribute to the transformation and advancement of materials education in all participating countries
How is our Research carried out?
The research of the IIMEC has an overarching theme of computational materials science for multifunctional materials, which serves three specific research theme areas:
- Coupling of thermal/magnetic and mechanical properties
- Coupling of electrical and mechanical properties
- Thermal and electrical, and optical and electrical coupling